A video may not play smoothly for the following reasons:
- Your connection/download speed may be slow or inconsistent. You'll need a broadband connection with at least 1500+Kbps (1.5 Mbit) for the best viewing experience. If your connection is slower than that we recommend you download movies instead of streaming.
- Some internet providers do not have enough capacity to serve their clients and may limit speed of actual downloads during peak hours. You can either call your provider about that or try watching videos during off-peak hours.
- Occasionally, an incomplete copy of a video can get stuck in your cache and never fully download. You can re-attempt the download of the video by clearing your browser's cache & cookies.
Possible solution for streaming movie problems
- Please go to "My settings" and look for Streaming Movie Settings prefence and change Quality from HD to Standard, reload movie page and try watching the movie again.
- If it doesn't help and playback is still choppy please select "Standard Download" setting, save setting and reload movie page.
"Download" will allow you to watch movies like on YouTube where you can try pausing the video until the entire stream is downloaded (the loading bar reaches the end of the player), and then, once the video's completely loaded try playing the video.
Technical system requirements watch streaming videos on our site:
- Macromedia Flash Player 7.0+ plug-in (Download)
- Windows XP, Vista, 7 or higher / Mac OS X 10.4/ all with latest updates installed
- Firefox 2.0+, Internet Explorer 7.0+, or Safari 4.0+
- Broadband connection with 1500+ Kbps